- Please print out and bring the completed paperwork with you to the first appointment.
- We have the forms here if you prefer doing it onsite.
- Please arrive 15-30 minutes before your scheduled time so that you can complete it.
- ID and insurance card
- Please wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in and allows us to see your area of complaint. (Workout clothes are usually a good option)
- Where appropriate we will have you change into a gown that we will provide for you.
- Please alert us 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule your appointment.
- Expect to spend approximately one hour in the clinic on the day of your first evaluation. This will allow our doctors to help you with the following…
At Whole Body Health Care, you can expect a one-on-one discussion to review your history.
No condition or person is the same. Because of this, it is in your best interest to have a thorough examination. This consists of orthopedic, neurological, and functional components.
Report of findings
There are few absolutes in healthcare. We will evaluate the information gathered to develop a working diagnosis. We will discuss what appears to be causing your condition and the options available to you. We will give our best recommendations. Our policy is “Improvement with 4 or schedule no more”. Which means we should see some positive change in your condition with four visits or less. We don’t want to waste your time or money!
Following your exam, we will treat you. Then, provide you with home exercises and activity modifications. Last, we have other therapies to provide relief. You can learn about our services
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
- Select Health
- University of Utah Health Care
- Health Link
- American Specialty Health
- EMI Health
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does It Cost?
How Long Will It Take?
New Patient Visit/Visit for a New Condition ~ 1 HOUR
- Consultation and History
- First Treatment
- Exercise Prescription
Standard Office Visit ~30 MIN (Includes any needed service)
- Soft Tissue
- Electric Stimulation
Do You Accept My Insurance?
As a courtesy to you, we will contact your insurance company to verify your benefits. We will help you understand your relationship with the insurance company but we are not them. If you have specific questions about your insurance, we encourage you to contact them directly.
What If I Don't Have Insurance?
We believe great care should be for everyone! So, we try to accommodate all patients, regardless of insurance coverage. Give us a call and we can explain the options available.
Can You Help Me With My Injury?
Yes. Your care will be catered to your specific needs and goals. Everyone we see gets some form of passive (we do it) and active (you do it) care. Our motto is “Improvement with four or schedule no more”. If the passive and active care we give you doesn’t help we won’t waste your time.
Will I Need Both Doctors?
Everyone is different. We will try to maintain consistency in your care, but it is a great benefit to have access to two doctors. You have the ability to get a second opinion without the frustrations of extra time and money. You will also be able to schedule with greater ease having two options.
Do I Need X-Rays or Other Imaging?
Current recommendations of best practices consider routine X-rays unnecessary and inappropriate. We want to give you the BEST and most appropriate care. If you do end up needing imaging we will be sure to refer you out for it. Read more about this here.
Do I Need A Referral To Come?
No, as Chiropractic Physicians we are able to be first-line providers for you.